(I'M WILLING TO SHARE):
Created and Perfected
I absolutely love to cook. I love to try new things and mess around with different flavor combinations. Here you can try some of the approved recipes that I have perfected and created to my liking...and that I'm willing to share.
I dare you to try it... :)
1 cup Raw (unsalted) Cashews
1 cup Water
2 Tbsp Vegan Mayo ("just Mayo" brand)
4 tsp Apple Cider Vinegar
4 tsp fresh squeezed Lemon
1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
1/2 tsp Onion Powder
1 tsp Pink Himalayan Sea Salt
1 tsp Dill ("Litehouse" brand)
1 tsp Chives ("Litehouse" brand)
1/2 tsp Parsley ("Litehouse" brand)
1/4 tsp Pepper (or less if you don't like it too "spicy"..I do.)
1. Combine the cashews and really hot water and let soak overnight. The longer, the better.
*If you're in a pinch, you can add boiling water and let soak for an hour. Or you can boil for 10 minutes. Because this recipe was so awesome, I have decided to always keep cashews chilling in some water in my fridge. Cover all this, by the way.
**The point of doing this is to soften the cashew so when you blend it won't be so gritty.
2. Rinse the cashews off and put in your high powered blender and slowly add water until you reach the desired consistency that you want your Ranch. The blending time here took about 5 minutes off and on on high for me.
*I used 3/4 cup water and it was great, but I may change it up if I feel like it!
**This is the tricky part as you want to make it as smooth and creamy as possible so the blending time may vary for you!
***If your blender is having a hard time getting the cream smooth, you may have to strain cream through a cheesecloth and then return the cream to blender.
3. Then mix in all the other ingredients. I left my blender on low for about 2-4 minutes.
3. That's it. Seriously. Congratulations! You're amazing! Enjoy and go get your RANCH ON!!!!
*Shelf life=10 days
**The dressing gets thicker as it cools.
***You can always add a little cashew milk in lieu of water, too! Or if it's too thick!
ACORN SQUASH WITH CARAMELIZED ONIONS, APPLES, AND ZUCCHINI
1 Acorn Squash
2 Golden Delicious Apples
1/2 Sweet Onion
1/2 Cup Coconut Sugar
1/4 Cup Brown Sugar
3 Tbsp Earth Balance
1 Cup Slivered Almonds
2 Cups Hemp Seeds
1 Cup Raisins
1 tsp Nutmeg
1 drop doTerra Cinnamon Essential Oil
1 drop doTerra Ginger Essential Oil
1. Preheat the oven to 400*F. Cut the Acorn Squash in half and take out the seeds. Put 1 Tbsp Earth Balance and a little salt in each half of the squash, facing up and roast until done (approx. 30 min for the one I used. It may vary depending on size.)
2. Sauté the onions, apples (peeled-no skin), and zucchini with 1 Tbsp of Earth Balance. Add in the Nutmeg, Cinnamon EO, Ginger EO, and Coconut Sugar.
3. Scoop out the acorn squash into the sauté mixture and stir together.
4. Fold in the almonds, hemp seeds, and raisins.
5. Top with brown sugar.
WAAA LAAA!! Aunt Beth's Sweet Potato Casserole ain't got NOTHIN on this bad boy!
KALE AND BRUSSELS WITH DRIED FRUIT AND NUTS WITH MAPLE-APPLE VINAIGRETTE
1 bunch of Kale
1 lb Brussel Sprouts
1/3 cup Dried Cranberries
1/3 cup Dried Cherries
1/3 cup Dried Blueberries
1 small Red Delicious Apple
1 small Red Onion
1/2 cup raw Walnuts
1/2 cup raw Macademia Nuts
1/2 cup Olive Oil
1/4 cup Apple Cider Vinegar
4 Tbsp Maple Syrup
1 tsp Dry Mustard
1 Red Delicious Apple
1 Red Onion
1.) Toasts nuts in skillet for about 60-90 seconds and set aside.
2.) Chop up Kale.
3.) Grate Brussel Sprouts.
4.) Dice Apple and Onion.
5.) Combine Olive Oil, Apple Cider Vinegar, Maple Syrup, and Dry Mustard to make Vinaigrette.
6.) Combine ALL ingredients ad evenly coat. Cover and store in refrigerator for at least 4 hours so flavors can marinate.